I received the Young Scholar Award from the International Communication Association (ICA) at the 2013 conference in London.
The award honors a scholar no more than seven years past receipt of the Ph.D. for a body of work that has contributed to knowledge of the field of communication and shows promise for continued development. The selection committee judges the contribution and promise of young scholars based on the strength of published work, including its conceptual foundation and argumentative clarity, on the scholar’s productivity at a given career stage, on the rigor of the research produced so far, and on the promise of existing work serving as a springboard for continuing scholarship.
Here is a list of past winners:
- 2013 – Jakob D. Jensen, U of Utah
- 2012 – Paul Leonardi, Northwestern U
- 2011 – Dmitri Williams, U of Southern California
- 2010 – Eszter Hargittai, Northwestern U
- 2009 – Jochen Peter, U of Amsterdam
- 2008 – Hee Sun Park, Michigan State U
- 2007 – Claes H. De Vreese, U of Amsterdam
- 2006 – Tamara D. Afifi, U of California – Santa Barbara
- 2005 – Amy Nathanson, Ohio State U
- 2004 – Dietram A. Scheufele, U of Wisconsin – Madison
- 2003 – William P. Eveland, Jr., Ohio State U
- 2002 – Francois Cooren, U de Montreal
- 2001 – Dale E. Brashers, U of Illinois – Urbana-Champaign